HUB @ Home
Emotional Support for Parents, by Parents in English
- Are you far from home, with little support, raising a family?
- Perhaps you’re struggling with worries about your children or relationship?
- Are you reluctant to be honest with colleagues or friends, for fear of judgement or consequences?
- Do you know a parent who needs a bit of extra help?
[email protected] can provide a trained volunteer, a HUB Buddy, for a few hours a week to offer you a listening ear, emotional support and practical advice.
Our volunteers are:
- parents themselves or work with children
- empathetic listeners, separate from your work or social network
- non-judgemental and confidential
- trained initially for 10 hours, followed by continued development sessions
- carefully matched to parents by The HUB’s scheme manager
- subject to Swiss Police checks
Perhaps you need a regular catch up over a coffee or a chance to ask another parent for advice and information. Or simply a way to speak honestly and openly about how you are feeling.
[email protected] is available for you if you’re:
- an English-speaking parent living in the Geneva or Nyon area
- feeling isolated, overwhelmed or simply in need to support
We aim to match families with a HUB Buddy to provide a listening ear
If this is not possible, we will direct families to other local services
Tell us about your family experience
We want to continue to learn more about the challenges that our local English-speaking families face. This is really important to help us to help you!
Our anonymous survey takes only 5 minutes to complete, but tells us so much about where to concentrate our efforts.
Please click here to access: The HUB Parent Survey